For every successful content marketing, the cooperation with search engines is an important aspect. After all, the purpose of your content strategy is to be found by the right customers.
Search engine optimization, or SEO for short, is not a secret science! If you follow basic steps, you will automatically improve your ranking on Google and other search engines. When optimizing your articles, always keep in mind that Google is very interested in making the user experience of visitors as positive as possible. To let Google know how helpful your content is, you should edit your content so that Google can read it effectively!
SEO measures for the creation of your content
- Always precede your search with a detailed keyword research! If you also use variations of your keywords and synonyms, search engines will recognize that your content is high-quality and comprehensive
- Optimize every article on a very specific topic, because search engines not only search for the main topic of a website, but also for subpages that answer a very specific question
- Search engines cannot view photos or videos! They only read out which tags you provide! So make sure you include relevant keywords in all visual content. Video content can be supplemented with a description
- Loosen up your content with photos, graphics or videos. Search engines also conclude from this that the content is of high quality. Enumerations are also an interesting element to make content more readable
- Formatting also plays an important role in search engine optimization. Long continuous texts are not only unpopular with users! Take care not to keep paragraphs too long and use subheadings. Use HTML tags from h2 to h6 for this. The higher the number, the smaller the characters are displayed
- Another aspect for search engines is the bounce rate of your users. So make the user experience as pleasant as possible! The longer you keep your visitors on the site with helpful content, the more visitors Google will send you
SEO and link building
The link structure of a page shows search engines whether the page presents helpful content. The more high-quality backlinks you have, the better your ranking will be. So make sure to create content that your users share on social media portals or forums or embed as a link in their own blog articles. Also the internal link structure is not only one of the most efficient SEO measures, but also increases the length of time your users stay. Provide an internal link to make your users aware of further information. In this way you not only improve your ranking, you also create a high level of usability for the visitors of your site.
Here you can find an overview of the whole article series: