Scrum celebrates its 25th anniversary! Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber first presented the method publicly at a conference 25 years ago.
Birthday of Scrum
Today, on November 18, 2020 Scrum celebrates its 25th anniversary, celebrated by an online event. Congratulations!
To celebrate the day a three hour virtual event took place.
Scrum was more or less brought to life by Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber and was formalized in 1993. In 1995 the method was presented publicly for the first time at the OOPSLA conference. Since then the Scrum method has been continuously developed and renewed.
This means Scrum - in short
Scrum is an approach of agile project management
The three important pillars:
Advantages of Scrum
- Transparency. In the Scrum model, transparency is an important factor, because everything - no matter if progress or obstacle - is recorded for everyone;
- Review A regular review and evaluation of the results is absolutely necessary.
- Adaptation There is no fixed plan that is fixed from the beginning, but products and plans as well as the procedure are continuously adapted. This results in smaller components.
- Easy and understandable rules
- Productivity is increased
- The quality of the products is increased
- The satisfaction of the employees is increased
- The cooperation in the team works better and the team spirit is strengthened
You can find more information about Scrum on the official website: scrum.org
How we use Scrum at asioso
The use of agile methodologies plays an important role at asioso. Scrum is especially noteworthy here. In some projects we use this methodology completely, in others we only use parts of it. In addition to SCRUM, KANBAN also plays an important role. This is less the case in projects than in IT Service Management.